Saturday 12 June 2010

Garden Glory

Painted in Cuprinol's 'Seagrass' (& the trim in 'Pale Jasmine ') from their Garden Shades collection

Hurrah, we have a garden at last! We have grass and a path and all sorts of crazy things like that. It has been a long slog and to be honest the boy has done most of the hard graft out there (thankfully he loves it). There were days battling brambles, getting the tree under some sort of control, digging deep for unrulely roots and unearthing everything from bed springs to bones. Lots and lots of bones. We're hoping those of nothing more sinister than animals. 



The stages our poor garden has been through over the last few years

So, Mart is now a happy man to see nice new grass growing at last. No more mud slides for us. It's the simple things in life eh? Now, for the planting planning for the ultimate garden glory....

Anyhow, I don't have an 'after' photo to show you yet as the weather has been so grim out there. So for now I've posted a photo of our newly painted shed which is down the bottom of the garden tucked just under the tree. I love it! I was inspired by beach huts (one day, *dreams*) and love how this colour combination turned out. If only inside was a dream world of stripy deck chairs, hanging seashells and floppy hats. 

P.S. Are those elderflowers I see bloomed on the tree? I feel some cordial coming on...

7 comments:

Charlie and Caroline said...

Congrats. Great shed. Lovely blog (just discovered it). Charlie and Caroline x

Ellen said...

I really like the color of your shed....do you have a color name/brand for that? It is just the shade of blue I have been looking to find. Hard work always pays off!

Kristin said...

Wow, Sharon, it looks like it was quite a project to get that garden tamed. Here's to many sunny days ahead to enjoy in it!

likemamusedtobake said...

Sharon I LOVE your shed. Can you tell me what paint you used please as I bought garden furniture that colour and would love to paint the shed the same. Thanks.

Elaine Prunty said...

that's trojan work , well done ... and you've made a lovely job of the shed too..

marty, sharon and pearl said...

hey everyone. thanks for the lovely comments. I've updated the post with the paint details. s x

likemamusedtobake said...

Thanks so much Sharon, I cannot wait to have the prettiest shed on the block now.

Œ